Dance Music In The Mix
If you produce electronic music, chances are high that you enjoy your tracks being spun by a DJ – after all, a DJ mix, be it on the radio or in the club, is dance music’s natural habitat and testing ground! So, this year, we would like to provide you with exactly such an opportunity. Ronny Pries, veteran DJ and demoscene musician, will be this year’s compo host, presenting the entries in a hot continuous mix. Want to be part of his digital record bag? The entry titles will be shown on the stream – so you can dance and vote at the same time!
- Format: WAV, MP3, OGG
- Maximum length: 4 minutes. Please take note that, due to the nature of a DJ mix, your track will not be played in full, but blended into the previous or next track. It is completely at Ronny’s discretion when and how long to play your track.
- Speed: either 125 to 140 or 160 to 175 BPM.
- Your entry has to be previously unreleased and consist of original material, i.e. no remixes and no copyrighted samples.
- You are not allowed to be registered with any copyright society. This includes, but is not limited to, all member societies of BIEM.
- This year, there will be no preselection jury – it is completely at Ronny’s discretion whether or not to play your track. After all, you can’t force a DJ in the club to play your song either! So, before submitting, think about what kind of music you would expect Ronny to play, and put some effort in production and mixdown.